ALCO Designs is a manufacturer of Merchandising Display Fixtures and accessories, to the supermarket Industry. We are based in Gardena, CA and our display solutions are manufactured on-site and overseas from a variety of materials including plastic, wood and steel.
Manually inspect, trim and pack finished products and/ or basic machine operator. An incumbent may or may not perform all of the duties listed below, dependent on the specific plant for which support is provided.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Spanish Speaker is a must
- Trim excess flash using knife, punch, reamer and/or spin trimming equipment.
- Make cartons as required, packing good containers in the appropriate boxes or pack product using caps, sides, and banding.
- Oversee operation of all machines; notify appropriate person when problems occur.
- Check product for defects, proper application of labels, etc.
- Complete all necessary paperwork; initial production forms or labels, apply labels to bundles or units.
- Wrap gaylords or pallets as needed.
- Perform general and on-going housekeeping duties of production area.
- Perform all duties within acceptable quality and safety standards.
- Perform other related duties.
- Cap liner machines, extrusion blow mold machine, injection blow mold, injection machines, spin trimmer, flamer, uprighter, box machine, leak inspector machine.
Education: Requires basic knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, English, and grammar equivalent to a high school education.
Experience: No prior experience required.
Skills and Abilities - which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Perform reading, writing and speaking at a minimal level.
- Perform the basic functions of arithmetic; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software and Work Aids, which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands - Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing, carrying, reaching, grasping, talking, and hearing.
- Flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination; or part time concentrated attention and coordination.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more with peripheral vision and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus, to judge distance and space relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Medium to heavy work - exert up to 15 pounds of force continuously and up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Pay: $16.04 per hour
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Paid Sick time
Medical, Dental & Supplemental Benefits
Work Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Physical conditions include close proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to high temperatures, noise and dust. Protective clothing that may be required includes: safety glasses, earplugs and gloves.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
ALCO Designs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, ALCO Designs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protect.
407 E Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90248
Tel. 310.353.2300 | Toll free 800.228.2346 | Fax 310.353.2301